Pages

vrijdag 16 november 2012

Hello! :)

So, after that first blog post tonight, let me tell you a little about myself and my obsessions!

As you can read in the About Me section I am 22 years old and I live in Amsterdam with my boyfriend and my two cats, in a house full of paintings and self-made curtains.

Since my childhood I have always been obsessed with fantasy, fairy tales, mythology, religion and everything that has anything to do with it. I'm not religious myself but I study different kinds of religion because I find it very interesting. With religion comes mythology. I love to read stories that are hundreds or thousands of years old and still appeal. I also went to a grammar school to study Ancient Greek and Latin because of that.

A very old picture of me when I was about 18 years old, by Johan S.


I think my love for mythology shows off in my makeup looks, my paintings and my performances as well!

A second love is the 1920's-1960's, especially the 1950's. My body is that much out of proportion that normal clothes often don't fit me. I have a so-called hourglass figure, which makes anything I wear too loose at the waist and too tight at my chest and my hips. Since clothes in the 1950's were mostly made according to waist size and not to clothing size, they do fit me and they look good on me as well. I also love flowers and happiness and I've got an immense collection of flowery 50's (style) dresses and a couple of real vintage ones as well, of which I am very proud. I also dance the rock 'n roll, a typical fifties dance, with my boyfriend.
Unfortunately my job won't allow me to walk around in pretty floral skirts all day so I am obliged to wear ill-fitting pants, which is a pain in the ass.

Me at Phantasium 2011 in my 'natural habitat', pic by Martijn van Huffelen.

And well, the last thing I am going to tell about me is that I have been doing something with my makeup since I was fifteen, namely extending my eye makeup to my cheek. You can see it in the above picture. I often call it my swirly. I draw it on with eyeliner and sometimes colour it with eyeshadow. It can be anything I want; a flower, just a few swirls, butterflies.. I draw on my face what I feel like that day. For instance, if it's a beautiful autumn day you can probably spot me with golden leaves on my face.
I started out with facepaint but noticed that it smeared all over my cheek during the day so I swapped to eyeliner some time later.
I often get asked if it's a tattoo (well, obviously not) and after almost 7 years of drawing it I still get nice remarks on it often, I like. I don't think makeup is something that should be kept to just eyes and lips.
So, here a couple of swirly's I did lately:

Autumn look I did last year. Sorry the eyeshadow is a bit sloppy.

For a tattoo convention. Notice the blue floral 50's dress!

I won a prize with this look on facebook - $100,- worth on Lime Crime products!

So well- that's me kinda. A weirdo who likes colours!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten